What is NeuroTechnology™?
We want to provide you with the best treatment services to help you manage your hearing loss and the associated cognitive deprivation. The services associated with the treatment of hearing loss include the diagnosis, auditory therapy, and recommendations for proper hearing protection and hearing aid technology and devices.
Our audiologists and hearing instrument specialist have been trained to provide early treatment of hearing loss to assist in restoring clarity and cognitive function including the understanding of speech in both quiet and noisy situations. These hearing loss treatment services are intended to help you decrease the risk of developing cognitive decline and dementia, and understand other medical conditions associated with your hearing.
Our hearing health care providers can advise you on strategies for custom designed and programmed hearing technology to improve your overall hearing and address the associated cognitive aspects of hearing loss. Simply put, your brain will be able to capture and process information more clearly and precisely with these treatment services.
NeuroTechnology™ is designed to treat hearing loss by using complex stimulation patterns to help replace diminished auditory input to the brain. Traditional hearing aids just make things louder, but with today’s new NeuroTechnology™ treatment options you can hear more clearly and more naturally, in all listening environments…. even in noisy restaurants!
Today’s NeuroTechnology™ includes the following features:
- Enhanced Clarity – to help fill in the missing speech details
- Noise-Cancellation Features – to help filter speech in noisy environments
- Soft-Speech Booster – to help you hear the ‘soft-speakers’ in your life (i.e. children and grandchildren, your spouse
- Surround Sound Features
- Bluetooth connectivity to your smart devices
How Does Neurotechnology™ work?
There are different types of NeuroTechnology™ – each custom designed and programmed to meet your hearing loss, and your hearing needs, but they all ultimately perform the same function: to help you hear more clearly, and more naturally.
We hear with our BRAINS, not with our ears. Today’s NeuroTechnology™ is the only proven hearing loss treatment options with a focus on enhancing brain function by providing enhanced clarity surround-sound with background-noise cancelling features
NeuroTechnology™ can be used to address the full spectrum of hearing difficulties, from people with audiometric ‘normal hearing’ to individuals with severe to profound hearing loss.
What Are The Different Types Of Neurotechnology™?
NeuroTechnology™ comes in several ‘shapes and sizes’, including some invisible options for maximum discreteness. The hearing health care provider will review your treatment options based on your specific hearing loss and hearing needs. Regardless of which treatment option is right for you, whether you’re out to dinner with friends, hitting the beach, meeting with clients, or hiking, you’ll be able to hear what matters most with today’s hearing loss technology.
SEVERAL FEATURES AVAILABLE INCLUDE:
Invisible Treatment Options: Once placed in your ear, it’s hassle-free so that you may even forget you’re wearing the device! And that’s the point. Hearing loss shouldn’t hold you back, and neither should your hearing solution. Features in today’s invisible technology options include:
- – An invisible and custom fit device that fits deep inside your ear canal and are personally customized to you for all-day comfort
- – Easily adapt to new sounds with automatic volume control and adaptation to listening environment
- – Wireless streaming to your smartphone and/or to keep you connected to your TV, music and other media
- – Sound comfort technology designed to provide distortion-free listening comfort for loud sounds while ensuring ultimate
Mini ‘Receiver In The Ear’ Options: Groundbreaking NeuroTechnology™ is fast and precise enough to analyze and follow the dynamics of the entire auditory environment, and differentiate between speech and background noise. Advances in miniaturization of technology have led to the breakthrough of new NeuroTechnology™ proven to support brain function, including working memory, selective attention, and processing speed (The Hearing Review: Dr. Desjardin, University of Texas, El Paso). These new devices have 3 features designed specifically to maintain the brain’s innate ability to hear in all different listening situations:
- Clear Hearing In Background Noise: by separating important speech from background noise by as much as 10dB, this new technology provides 30% better speech understanding and clarity in noise
- Enhanced Clarity = Enhanced Memory Recall. Individuals with hearing loss are known to have reduced memory recall because the Brain is deprived of a clear signal. With 20% more capacity to remember, this technology is the only available option proven to increase memory recall.
- Reduced Effort: many of my patients explain that hearing requires effort as they age and that it can make them tired after a day at work or with the grandchildren. Current available technology is proven to provide a 20% reduction in listening effort in noisy environments.
In addition, some options include Bluetooth and Internet compatible options that enable:
- Hands-free wireless (surround sound) hearing on the phone
- Low-Battery reminders – devices can remind You By Ear, Phone, Text or Email that your batteries (or your spouse’s batteries) are low.
- Wireless Compatibility with any TV to enhance the clarity of the signal.
- Allows for control of your Internet connected devices at home including the thermostat, lights, and even certain cooking appliances (i.e. yes, your hearing devices can automatically turn on your coffee maker each morning!)